Sunday, April 28, 2019

Easter "Bunny" Chow


Happy Thursday, friends! It has been a bit since my last post, but I am back today bringing you a 15 minute recipe I found that will be a real crowd pleaser this Easter weekend. I found the recipe while browsing on Pinterest the other day and thought it was too cute not to try out for the upcoming holiday. The original recipe is linked here by Urban Simplicity. As always, I tweaked the recipe more to my liking which I will explain as we go on.


Above you will see everything required for this recipe except for the extra ingredient I added at the end. 
What her recipe requires:
-9 cups Crispix cereal
- 1 cup of white chocolate chips (you also could use milk chocolate)
-1/2 cup peanut butter
-1 tsp of vanilla extract
-1/4 cup of butter
-1 1/2 cups of powdered sugar

How I made it:
I put the Crispix cereal into a large bowl and set it aside while I made the coating for the bunny chow. Her recipe called for 1 cup of chocolate chips, but I added about a half cup more and combined the 1.5 cups of chocolate chips, the half cup of peanut butter, and the 1/4 stick of butter after putting it into a bowl and melting it in the microwave for a minute. When it was done heating, I mixed until it was completely smooth in consistency and then added in the vanilla just as she did in the original recipe. 

I then took the mixture and poured it over the Crispix and mixed it in until the cereal was evenly coated.
When it was fully coated, I took the the bag that the cereal came in, poured a cup of powdered sugar at the bottom of it, and then dumped the coated cereal on top of it. She mentioned using a 2 gallon freezer bag to mix it; whereas my sister has always used a large paper bag. I tried to save on bags and just reused the one the Crispix came in. Anything will work, so long as the bag is big enough. Once the mixture is in the bag of your choosing, you will pour another 1/2 cup of powdered sugar on top and shake until the sugar coats your cereal mixture.
Once fully shaken/coated, you will lay out your chow onto wax paper until your chocolate/peanut butter mixture cools. This part is important so that it doesn't turn into a giant blob in the container you store it in. Once finished, she recommends storing the bunny chow in an air tight container and also refrigerated.



 Once cooled, add in the mini Cadbury eggs. And for my extra ingredient... cut up a few Reese's peanut butter eggs.  I'm not sure about you, but I can not think of a better way to finish off this bunny chow recipe than to sprinkle some of those peanut butter cups into the mixture. And let's be serious, we all know the egg Reese's version is best.


Lastly, serve it up and enjoy! Have a great Easter weekend everyone. Until next time..

xo H



SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Design Created by pipdig