Sunday, April 28, 2019

DIY Bar


Hey everyone, welcome back! This weeks post has more home decor and even a fun spring/ summer drink recipe! I'm going to show you how to make a super affordable bar/ bar "cart" concept. One thing people seem to comment on most when they visit my apartment is my little bar set up. The best part is, it could not be any easier to make. I started this little bar concept in college and have just upgraded the look over the years. It also is a great staple piece for holidays to decorate which I will also show you throughout this post. 
Let's starts with the structure. Many people who have at home bar carts usually spend roughly 100 dollars on the cart itself. My whole bar is made off of a 9 cube storage unit that I bought on sale for 30 dollars at Target. I will link a few options throughout the post. I then decided a theme so everything looked cohesive with each other. My apartment is filled with greys so I decorated with rose golds/copper and gold to give it a little extra pop to stand out amongst my other decor. Just like that, you guys you have your whole "bar" concept done. Next is just picking out the materials. In our place, we love wine, mixed drinks, and moscow mules. So I focused my glassware around those beverages as you can see above. But the best part about these is that you can make them as unique to you as you'd like. Is beer the beverage of choice in your household? Throw some goblets and pints on there. Fancy some tequila? Bust out those margarita glasses and display them in a square. We invested in some bar tools too like a jigger, strainer, muddler, and stirrer. Do you need these objects for your bar? No, but they sure help make a really great cocktail for half the price as opposed to a drink down town and from the comfort of your own home. I will also link some of these items below.
As you guys can probably tell, this is super easy to put together. The assembly of a the cube is so quick and like I said, this has become a staple set up in my apartment that every one has seemed to enjoy! It also makes hosting so much easier. Below are links to some fun bar ware and then we will move on to the spring cocktail!


You can buy these currently as low as 40 dollars in a basic black or white color. You can get a little more fancy with them and get them in weathered grey and wood-like colors for 80 dollars. And do not feel limited or obligated to fill a 9 cube design. They come in many sizes and shapes. I chose the 9 cube because I wanted some more storage space.
Below I linked some bar tool kits that can all be found on amazon.


Professional Grade Bar Tools Essentials Deluxe Set



Below are just a few examples of how I've decorated my bar cube over the seasons. 




You really can get as creative as you'd like with these cubes.

Alright, so you have the bar so naturally lets talk drinks! I found this fun recipe on Pinterest that I tried and loved! So fresh and fun for once the weather starts to warm up. The best part is, similar to the bar cube, the drink is so versatile. The drink is called the Rosemary Greyhound. The recipe calls for rosemary simple syrup, which takes five minutes to make at home, grapefruit juice, and vodka. Easy, right? The recipe I found is from a site called Taste's Lovely and is linked here.

I'll let you follow the link for exact step by step instructions because you just may find more tasty beverages to try out on her site. Since it is her original recipe, her site definitely deserves a look. Like I said though, the instructions took all of ten minutes from start to finish and your simple syrup, once made, just needs an hour to sit. The homemade simple syrup also can be used for up to ten days and as I said, this drink can be super versatile. As I was drinking it, I thought how good the simple syrup would be with ginger beer and vodka, or even a tonic and vodka. Might as well try a few combinations because the batch makes a lot of syrup!

The Rosemary Greyhound


Rosemary simple syrup after one hour of steeping

That's all for this post guys. I really hope you enjoyed this weeks post and have fun out there making some cute bars and tasty beverages. Have a great week!

xo H







SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Design Created by pipdig