Sunday, April 28, 2019

Trader Joe's Grocery Haul


Hey everyone,  happy Monday! An alarming amount of you wanted to see a Trader Joe's round up, so here it is! I'm just going to take your through my staples and can give you some recipe ideas with some of the items. 

First, I will go through all of my favorite sauces/toppings since these are usually my favorites to make meals off of and Trader Joe's has literally some of the best grocery store sauces/dips out there.
First is their Tzatziki dip. It's super low fat/low cal and is great for chicken pitas or my personal favorite, greek meatballs and jasmine rice (shout out to Tish for the great recipe). It's super creamy and light, I pick it up every time I go.
 Next is a new find of mine. I'm usually not a big fan of red sauces. Creamy and pesto are where it's at for me, but I am in love with this vodka sauce of theirs. I've used it on Banza noodles with some ground turkey meatballs and it was such an easy meal and super tasty. Life hack if you like a little spice to your red sauces like I do; dump some red pepper flakes into the sauce while heating to give it a little extra zing.
 One of my favorite sauces from Trader Joe's is their enchilada sauce. For all of you who voted for the enchilada recipe this is a staple for that meal. It is really good and really cheap. What else could you ask for?
 This balsamic glaze is amazing. I've used it on top of caprese garlic bread and caprese chicken. It's thick and delicious and a little goes a long way. Definitely a great item to have.
Also, these two pestos always come home with me after a Trader Joe's run. On the left is more of a traditional pesto and the on the right is a healthier version which if you follow me on Instagram, you've heard me talk about it. Both are very delicious and great on pasta, chicken, or really anything.
I am obsessed with Mexican food and this pico is always a must have for my meals. I love it on top of my enchilada recipe, tacos bowls, fajitas, or just as a side with some of TJ's blue corn tortilla chips. It is so fresh and so tasty. They also have a mild version, but honestly the"hot"version barely even has a kick to it and tastes more flavorful to me.
This garlic oil is a new find. I used it as a dipping sauce with one of Trader Joe's baguettes; so yummy and great for Italian dinner nights or with some bread, wine, and cheese nights.

One of Trader Joe's number one selling products is their Everything but the Bagel Seasoning. I could eat this on literally anything, but my favorite is on top of toast with butter or on avocado toast. I also love their garlic salt mixture. I use it on top of almost all meats I cook. Both are also extremely cheap for how much you get.
Next are some of the staple meat products I pick up while there. I always pick up at least two packages of their ground turkey. It's so cheap and I feel like so much tastier than most grocery store brands of ground turkey. I also have been liking their fresh boneless salmon (Alaskan and Atlantic). It's a tad pricy, but you get decent portions for the price. 
Lastly, I have been picking up the shaved beef steak for Asian beef bowls and it's perfect for it. I top that meal with Trader Joe's sweet chili sauce and it is super delicious.
I have a few frozen favorites from Trader Joe's. I love their frozen mac and cheese meals. I typically pick up the reduced guilt one to have on hand for days I'm too lazy to pack a lunch for work. Super convenient and super tasty. If you want a more filling option get the non-guilt free option they have.

 This has become another super popular TJ favorite. The cauliflower gnocchi is so good ONLY if you pan fry it in some oil stovetop. Do not follow the instructions on the package unless mushy blobs are your kind of food. Top this with the vodka sauce or one of the pestos I mentioned earlier and you have a really quick tasty meal. 
Their chicken fried rice is good and great for a quick dinner night when you want minimal dishes and minimal effort.

Lastly, their chili lime chicken burgers are another frozen isle favorite. Fry it in a pan for a few minutes on each side, throw it on a bun topped with some guac and veggies, and you have a real tasty filling burger for minimal effort.
One thing I buy every single time I go to Trader Joe's are Perfect Bars. My favorites are chocolate brownie and peanut butter chocolate chip. They seriously are SO good and I love them for a quick breakfast or after a workout.
My three guilty pleasures from Trader Joe's are their cinnamon rolls, dark chocolate with caramel and sea salt bar and dark chocolate peanut butter cups. You guys, hands down the best cinnamon roll you will get from a can ever. I am obsessed. As for the peanut butter cups and chocolate bar, I love buying them to just have a sweet treat on hand around the house. Both are perfect to have a small bite to curb sweet tooth cravings.

Another item I never leave without is their spinach tortillas. I use them for everything; breakfast tacos, my enchilada recipe, tacos, wraps, or quesadillas. If I need a tortilla, I am using these. They don't really have a spinach taste to them, especially when mixed with whatever else you are putting on it. They also are only 100 calories per tortilla, which isn't too bad compared to others.
I also love the dried fruit section. I have found lemon and orange slices that are perfect for adding into mixed drinks to make them a little more festive and fun.

Other things I buy at Trader Joe's while there:

-Produce (really reasonably priced)
-Jasmine rice
-Shredded cheeses (love the pepperjack and sharp cheddar)
-Blocks of cheese for cheese boards (very reasonable priced)
-Frozen brown rice (quick to make) 
-Wine (they have so many cheap wines that are SO good)
-Sun dried tomatoes
-Cooking oil
-Nuts

Lastly, I wanted to touch on their flower section. Trader Joe's always has beautiful bouquets and greenery for unbelievably cheap prices. You can get a dozen roses for 6.99 and branches of greenery for $2.99. Such a steal and they last a lot longer than most flowers.

Well that's all I have for this little round up. I hope if you are an avid TJ shopper like myself, you found some new things from this list to try. If you never really shop there, this should be a good start for things to try! Let me know if you guys have any suggestions of things you have loved from Trader Joe's. Have a great week friends!
xo H






















SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Design Created by pipdig