Sunday, March 24, 2019

Homemade Peanut Butter Cups




Happy Sunday fellow foodies! I am so excited to share this recipe with you today. These peanut butter cups are SO easy to make and are a lot healthier than the ones you'll find at the grocery store. They also take only twenty minutes to make. Does it get any better than that? I found this recipe from a site called Fit Foodie Finds; so all the credit from today's post goes to her. The exact link to this recipe is here. Like last time I encourage you to check out her site, her recipes are AMAZING and I am sure you will find something else on this site that you will enjoy.
This time I am going to put the full recipe because I tweaked it a bit to my liking but used her recipe as the base.

What this recipe requires per her site:
- 2/3 cup of natural peanut Butter 
-1/4 cup of coconut oil (melted)
-1 teaspoon vanilla extract
-1/4 cup of honey or maple syrup
-1/4 cup of Rice Krispies
-optional dark chocolate drizzle and sea salt to top 

What I used:
-2/3 cup of Smucker's natural PB
-just under 1/4 cup of melted Trader Joe's coconut oil. I had used less than what the recipe requires because it was all I had left but I am happy I did; the oil from natural peanut butter seemed to make up for the lack of coconut oil and they still turned out great
-1 tsp of vanilla extract
-1/4 cup of honey
-1/2 cup of Rice Krispies; I love the crunch Rice Krispies give so I added more. 

How I made it:
All you have to do is take all the ingredients above and mix them together in a bowl. Add the Rice Krispies cereal last to the mixture. Once it is all mixed together put them in a cupcake tin lined with cupcake liners. I filled my cupcake liners just under half full. 
When all the batter is evenly distributed, put them in the freezer for a minimum time of 20 minutes. I left mine in the freezer for about 30 minutes before taking them out.
In her recipe, she gave the option for a chocolate drizzle topping. What she calls optional I found necessary for the full effect of a peanut butter cup. I microwaved dark chocolate chips in a bowl until they were at a liquid consistency. If you go to her recipe she will tell you the exact amount of chocolate necessary for the drizzle, I just eye balled how much I would need. 
Once the 30 minutes were up, I took the tin out of the freezer and topped them all with a full layer of the dark chocolate until the top was completely coated (again, I wanted a more full effect of a classic PB cup)
I then topped mine with a pinch of sea salt because chocolate and sea salt is such an amazing combo. I took the peanut butter cups, once covered with the chocolate, and froze them for just 10 more minutes and then they were done!

Last step? Unwrap and ENJOY!
Again, check out fitfoodiefinds.com, you guys will not regret it.
Hope you all enjoy this recipe find. I know I sure did. Have a fabulous week!

xo H






SHARE:

1 comment

Blog Design Created by pipdig